Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finding time to write (Traveling)

So here I sit in sunny Juarez Mexico. Just over the border from El Paso Texas. My work brings me here now about once a month for a few days. I have a team of 13 people who work here. I also have a team of 19 people who work in India for me. I will probably go visit them this spring for a week.(But I am not looking forward to that trip) I also get to travel to New Jersey every 3 months or so. The point of all this is that I have said that I should use my travel time to write, but I never do. I used to travel a lot but never took advantage of it. About 5 years ago I spent 7 months unemployed and looking back should have used that time to work on writing more, but things come up. The only person to blame for not taking the time to write is myself. We are all given the same amount of time each day etc. This trip will be different.(Because I will make it so) I was able to write a bit while at the airport last night, but then all the people trying to get somewhere for Christmas kept catching my attention. (People watching is a big distraction while traveling.) Tomorrow I get the joy of taking my team out to eat at a Mexico Buffet…not really sure how that is going to turn out (since I do not speak Spanish) but should give me writing material if nothing else.

I must admit that in reading “Twilight” that I can see why so many women love this book. She has been able to capture romance in a very nice package. The feelings of the characters are real.
Nat and I were talking about this the other day and she mentioned that she can’t stop thinking about how the book ended. She wonders what the characters are doing now etc. That is the highest complement any writer could get! The characters are seen as real people to the reader.

0 comments: