Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Well, Christmas is over for another year.. We had a great time! Nat made homemade caramel (the ones with cinnamon in are the best), and some type of chocolate pretzel nut thing that was way awesome.)
Of course this is not helping my diet at all. This year we had Randy home. (He spent the last 2 Christmas’s in the West Indies) he seemed excited about all the stuff and family.
The kids acted like they were 10 again, Calling me early on Christmas morning to say what they had gotten, talking very high pitched and fast, non stop don’t take a breath or even blink talk about everything they got then wanting to say what the other one got. (This was the boys, Jo, being more grown up and all didn’t start acting goofy till they got to our house.)
For a family gift we had bought Guitar Hero 3. That in it self is a story. We searched high and low the day after Thanksgiving for it but no avail. We did find #2 so bought it just so we had the game etc. Then the next week in El Paso TX I saw #3 for the 360 in Wal Mart. So I bought it. I had to carry it on the plane home since it would not fit in my suitcase and I did not want to risk checking it alone. Boy did I get comments and looks from some people. The funniest was from a lady who said “why are you carrying that.” She was wearing a huge Sombrero that I had seen the bridge people selling. I told her that “at least mine will fit in the over head bin,” smiled politely and boarded. She boarded a few moments later and as luck would have it sat right behind my seat. Good thing I smiled at her. I had to not giggle as I heard her the whole flight fighting with her huge hat and not wanting to wreck it etc. All the while above our heads my box lay alone and undisturbed.
So anyway, the kids had a blast playing Guitar Hero 3 with Nat and each other. It was truly a family gift.;
We also had a great time just being with family. We spend time with both Nat’s family and mine. (She beat her brother Dee on Guitar Hero as well.) Christmas eve night we were home alone and sat and watched Hairspray that I had bought for her knowing how she loves that movie.
All in all a great Christmas.

0 comments: