Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gardening and Procrastination do not mix

Several weeks ago I planted the garden. It looked great! At that time I thought that I should take the time and stamp down the “Path areas” and add in plastic to help avoid the growth of weeds. I also made the mental note to get some snail bait to fight the snails that I knew would be showing up once the beans started to sprout. Well…true to my inner self I did not do that. So due to my procrastination (or as my wife would say my laziness) I have been spending the past couple of nights weeding and working and swearing at myself.
I used to admire my grandmas garden. It also looked great and perfect…now as I think back on it I remember her always in it or my grandpa working in it. “If you hoe a little every day it will grow ok”
Well I may not change. (I would hate to give such a shock to Nat if I did) but I will at least think about not procrastinate as much.

0 comments: