Monday, May 9, 2011

Updates

So I feel like I need to give an update on the goals I have set if for no one else but myself.
The idea of making time to write is true. I have not forced myself to get up so I do not have the time to write everyday like I would wish.
But I have gotten better.
I have also found that I can spend time that I really don't have to think to think about my story lines and such.
One thing I have continued and am proud of is that i have kept up with my daily reading. Not just reading or listening to a book for enterainment but also to notice style and how it is put together. I then find myself how I would change some of it or how I would like to emulate parts of it.

Anything that is worth doing takes effort.

1 comments:

Chimica said...

Hi, I read a lot of your blog postings. I notice that your biggest issue is finding the time to write. I'm a full time freelance and creative writing so I just wanted to offer you some advice real quick. The first tip is grab a today / tomorrow journal. If you write down your daily goals you are more likely to actually meet them. The second is try writing for 5 minutes each day no matter what. Do the writing in complete silence and work from there. For me 5 minutes gets me 300 words you might be able to type or write even faster. The last thing is don't feel that you have to write on the computer to write daily. Journals are there for a reason you know. I recommend a pretty or rustic journal that you look forward to writing in each day over a dull notebook. I hope these tips help you. I wish you a ton of luck in your writing and hope that some day you can be a full time writer just like I am. If you want more advice feel free to contact me.. I'm always up for helping a writer