Thursday, April 21, 2011

Short Story...ok

So is ornery really a word? I guess it is since it pops up in my Microsoft word program as one...isn't that a better source than Webster?



Even so I went home yesterday and told Nat I was in a bad mood, she smiled and said why. I told her because I have to work at work…I know poor baby right?.

Well today was no better. Here I sit and the only word that fits is ornery. Here it is late Thurs afternoon, I have to give a talk this Sunday and have no idea on how to approach it. I have tons of yard work and it is all wet and cold, I have a section of my latest story stuck in my head, and not sure how to fix it, I can’t seem to turn around at work without someone having a new personal problem that impacts the job and I am old and feeling it today…ok I fell better now, thanks for listening!



So since my last post I have adjusted just a bit. I do not always get the set amount of writing time but I am finding more of it.

I have decided to work out 2 short stories so i can enter them into a contest by June as well as submit one to the round of mags that might take it.

This has been fun revisiting old friends and updating very little as I go through the rereads.

I have toyed with an idea of a collection of short stories all centered around a main place or theme.

Much like the old "Thieves World" books.

In fact I remember working on a collaboration with others around the country way back in the late 80's when the main internet thing was Prodigy and we were excited to be able to connect with a 512k dial up modem.

Well on the short stories, contests and submissions.



Fun fun fun.

0 comments: