Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unchanging Mission Statement

So I had cause to review my Mission statement I wrote way back in 1994. It has remained unchanged and still is after my review.
In fact i have told Nat that it should be on the program at my funeral.
I have shared it here before but thought to re post it and recommit to it.


My Quest( my mission statement for life)

To view each day as a chance to learn from yesterday,
plan for tomorrow and act accordingly.
To be as Don Quixote and view life
as it should be and not as it is.
To see each person for what is inside,
not what they put out front.
To go to sleep at night with
the knowledge that my family and friends know
I love them unconditionally and
that I am proud they are part of my life.
To know that if I should die,
the words, actions
and thoughts of today could
stand as my monument.
To keep my word no matter what.
To be true to myself above all else.
To reward accomplishments
no matter how small or great they are.
To see the magic in every sunset
and enjoy it.
To show kindness
regardless of circumstance.
To be able to smile
no matter the complaints I may have.
To attempt the absurd!
(thus achieving the impossible from time to time.)
This is my Quest.

0 comments: