Thursday, October 23, 2008

Management Hollywood style

The other day I was asked where I learned my management style. I have been told I have a unique way of dealing with people and problems. I smiled and replied,”I watch a lot of movies and TV”

Apollo 13- I learned team work. Remember the scene where the guys are in a conference room, one holds up two pieces of equipment saying, “We need to fit this into this only using this…”He then dumps out a lot of pieces of other equipment.

Braveheart- I have a sign on my wall that has a picture of Braveheart along wioth the saying “Management is doing things right…Leadership is doing the right thing.” The different styles of how people manage teams and others is reflected in the characters in Brveheart. Some are like Old Bruce, sneaky and win at all costs, some like the barrons others like the English. And a few are like Wallace.

Winnie the Pooh- Teams are made up of personalities. Each of these types of personality are one of the characters in Winnie the Pooh. Owl, rabbit, piglet, tigger pooh and the rest are all how people approach tasks or problems.

Highlander/Sharpe/300- all teach honor.

Jack Black- any job has humor in it if you look hard enough. Just look at his movies.

Just a few of many other examples I have learned from.

0 comments: