Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Writing

I sit here in Newark NJ in a hotel and wish I were home. I flew in today for a 2 hour meeting with my client in the morning then flying back home tomorrow afternoon.
As I turned on the TV and browsed the channels I came upon the start of the movie "300".
I had almost watched it on the plane on my iPod but decided on Superman the Animated series instead.
I do like this movie. It is one of those that I can watch over and over again. I think I am drawn to the heroes in it. The sense of right makes might. This is the same reason I love the TV series Highlander and Sharpe. This sense of old time chivalry really touched me. I know if I had been born in the time of knights and all that I would probably have been a very poor farmer, but I would have taught my children that Might is not right and that the only reason to have power is to protect ohers...come to think of it I am doing that. My garden skills stink and my kids know the stories and the true purpose for the knights.
Wow, that could be really deep....but I am tired and the neat battle scenes are just starting.

0 comments: